Since 2004, the world has known Chelsy Davy as Prince Harry's on-again, off-again girlfriend. But what else lies behind the 25-year-old African-born blonde who will be Prince Harry's date for the royal wedding this Friday? Below, Us Weekly has the need-to-know scoop.
1. She was born in Zimbabwe. Davy grew up at her family's homestead on the 1,300-square mile Lemco Safari Area. There, her father, Charles, operates a multimillion-dollar safari business.
2. She's scholarly and career-driven. Davy earned her undergraduate degree in economics at the University of Cape Town, then went on to earn her law degree at the University of Leeds. After having delayed the post for a year so she could travel around the world, Davy will begin at the elite law firm Allen & Overy in London this September. The Daily Mail reports that as a trainee, she is on track to earn 38,000 GBP (around $76,000 USD) during her first year in the program.
3. She wanted to be a model. Besides a long-term jaunt of being in the public eye for her connection to Prince Harry, Davy used to have aspirations to become a model when she was younger. Lucky for her she was voted into FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women" in 2008 and rang in at #76.
4. She has faced danger head-on. In 2006, Davy was held at gunpoint along with other restaurant goers while dining at a Cape Town wine bar. Although she reportedly remained calm, she was concerned that the private numbers and messages from Prince Harry on her stolen cell phone would be leaked.
5. She still parties with the royal family. In February, Davy was spotted partying the night away with Kate Middleton's sister Pippa and Prince Harry's cousins Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie at the Eyes Wide Shut Masquerade charity event.
- Aug. 22, 2016 Catch up with the butt-kicking cast of 2001's 'Spy Kids'