5 Things You Don't Know About Chelsy Davy
Since 2004, the world has known Chelsy Davy as Prince Harry's on-again, off-again girlfriend. But what else lies behind the 25-year-old African-born blonde who will be Prince Harry's date for the royal wedding this Friday? Below, Us Weekly has the need-to-know scoop.
1. She was born in Zimbabwe. Davy grew up at her family's homestead on the 1,300-square mile Lemco Safari Area. There, her father, Charles, operates a multimillion-dollar safari business.
2. She's scholarly and career-driven. Davy earned her undergraduate degree in economics at the University of Cape Town, then went on to earn her law degree at the University of Leeds. After having delayed the post for a year so she could travel around the world, Davy will begin at the elite law firm Allen & Overy in London this September. The Daily Mail reports that as a trainee, she is on track to earn 38,000 GBP (around $76,000 USD) during her first year in the program.
3. She wanted to be a model. Besides a long-term jaunt of being in the public eye for her connection to Prince Harry, Davy used to have aspirations to become a model when she was younger. Lucky for her she was voted into FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women" in 2008 and rang in at #76.
4. She has faced danger head-on. In 2006, Davy was held at gunpoint along with other restaurant goers while dining at a Cape Town wine bar. Although she reportedly remained calm, she was concerned that the private numbers and messages from Prince Harry on her stolen cell phone would be leaked.
5. She still parties with the royal family. In February, Davy was spotted partying the night away with Kate Middleton's sister Pippa and Prince Harry's cousins Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie at the Eyes Wide Shut Masquerade charity event.
Take a look back at six times Kylie Jenner wore the exact same outfit as big sis Kim Kardashian West.Watch Video »
Meet The Rock's, the Beckhams' and Demi Lovato's new puppies on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out six Emmy nominees' high school yearbook photos. Can you identity these pre-fame teens?Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »