5 Things You Don't Know About Harry Potter's Tom Felton
For the past 10 years, Tom Felton has cast a spell on Harry Potter audiences as schoolyard bully Draco Malfoy. As the wizarding series comes to an end Friday with the release of the eighth and final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Us Weekly uncovers some need-to-know info about the 23-year-old Brit.
1. He's happy playing the bad guy. "I'm very grateful I am in the film at all, but even more grateful that I got the character of Draco," Felton tells MTV News. Praising costars Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe, who play Ron Weasley and Harry Potter respectively, Felton adds that "there's no one else in the world who...could have handled the behind-the-scenes pressure those guys have dealt with over the last decade."
2. He's a natural brunette. To capture author J.K. Rowling's description of his character, Felton dyed his hair platinum blond every 10 days. "The worst thing was dying my hair blonde," Felton said in a 2008 press conference. "It built some super human resistance but it seems to have survived."
3. Felton spends his downtime fishing fishing for carp. "They are the most beautiful fish, and you don't need to eat them," Felton tells Scholastic. "You can just put them back and catch them again. It's a less brutal sport as opposed to eating your catch."
4. He was costar Emma Watson's first crush! "We talked about it -- we still laugh about it," Watson, who played the brainy Hermione Granger, admitted to Seventeen magazine. "We are really good friends now, and that's cool."
5. His met his girlfriend Jade Olivia on the set of Harry Potter. "It was love at first sight in the Hogwarts Great Hall -- for me at least," Felton told The Daily Mail. "Jade had been asked to be an extra for the day. The Slytherin table were doing our naughty thing, looking around for good-looking girls, and she caught my eye. The weird thing is, I didn't really see her or speak to her for about two years after that, then we ran into each other on set again, and three cups of tea later, here we are."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »