5 Things You Don't Know About Harry Potter's Tom Felton
For the past 10 years, Tom Felton has cast a spell on Harry Potter audiences as schoolyard bully Draco Malfoy. As the wizarding series comes to an end Friday with the release of the eighth and final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Us Weekly uncovers some need-to-know info about the 23-year-old Brit.
1. He's happy playing the bad guy. "I'm very grateful I am in the film at all, but even more grateful that I got the character of Draco," Felton tells MTV News. Praising costars Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe, who play Ron Weasley and Harry Potter respectively, Felton adds that "there's no one else in the world who...could have handled the behind-the-scenes pressure those guys have dealt with over the last decade."
2. He's a natural brunette. To capture author J.K. Rowling's description of his character, Felton dyed his hair platinum blond every 10 days. "The worst thing was dying my hair blonde," Felton said in a 2008 press conference. "It built some super human resistance but it seems to have survived."
3. Felton spends his downtime fishing fishing for carp. "They are the most beautiful fish, and you don't need to eat them," Felton tells Scholastic. "You can just put them back and catch them again. It's a less brutal sport as opposed to eating your catch."
4. He was costar Emma Watson's first crush! "We talked about it -- we still laugh about it," Watson, who played the brainy Hermione Granger, admitted to Seventeen magazine. "We are really good friends now, and that's cool."
5. His met his girlfriend Jade Olivia on the set of Harry Potter. "It was love at first sight in the Hogwarts Great Hall -- for me at least," Felton told The Daily Mail. "Jade had been asked to be an extra for the day. The Slytherin table were doing our naughty thing, looking around for good-looking girls, and she caught my eye. The weird thing is, I didn't really see her or speak to her for about two years after that, then we ran into each other on set again, and three cups of tea later, here we are."
Check out Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed's cutest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Little Suri Cruise suggests that paparazzi should photograph her doll instead of her.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift has a lot to be thankful for this year on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Pamela Anderson: Profile
We profile the biggest sex icon of the last decade and ask - where did it all go wrong for someone...Watch Video »
Goldie Hawn, Reese Witherspoon, and Olivia Munn all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFeathered Frocks
From Crowd Ignite