Whitney Port did it. Kim Kardashian admitted it. And like our nation's first president George Washington and his infamous cherry tree, Mischa Barton just couldn't tell a lie about it. The truth is, Barack Obama's inaguration has unleashed a steady stream of tears in Hollywood's starlet community.
"I cried, I won't lie," Barton wrote on her blog yesterday about 44th President Barack Obama's Inauguration. "I cried for the people being hit by our economic crisis, including my friends, and for the people who don't understand the spirit of good Americans. Had he not won, I would not be proud to be an American any longer."
We appreciate Mischa's sentiment, however, the pretty young actress has a history of "crying wolf" in the press. To put the profound meaning of Mischa's tears into perspective, here's a list of other things she's also publicly cried about:
1. Doctored images of her (faux?) cellulite-ridden thighs
2. The movie Crash, which she watched with Rachel Bilson
3. The cancellation of The O.C.
4. Her break-up with Cisco Adler and/or her new haircut
5. Her DUI arrest, crying "I wanted to crawl into a hole and die."
One thing Mischa's not crying over? Her recent move to Paris.
"I live in France for the freedom America once offered -- I have all my faith in Obama. I'm not a religious person but may God bless him and his family."
If Obama can get the economy back on track and get Mischa Barton back in the States, he's practically guaranteed four more years in office in 2012.
- Oct. 10, 2016 Count down the 20 hottest stars of 'Supernatural'