NEW YORK (AP) — Workers at celebrity chef Mario Batali's New York City eatery Del Posto have settled a lawsuit against the restaurant with an agreement that gives them a total of $1.15 million along with paid vacation and sick days.
The Restaurant Opportunities Center of New York announced Monday that a judge had approved the settlement. The advocacy group had been working with the 31 employees.
The group says Del Posto and its principals denied the workers' allegations, which included tip misappropriation and lost overtime. A lawyer for Del Posto declined to comment.
A lawyer for the workers says the agreement now gives all non-managerial employees at Del Posto, not just the plaintiffs, three paid sick days and five paid vacation days per year.
Batali's Manhattan restaurants also include Babbo and Bar Jamon.
- Oct. 12, 2016 Check out the celebs who've run for political office
- Oct. 08, 2016 See how celebs are reacting to Hurricane Matthew