Close

Wonderwall

Dancing With the Stars: All-Star Season Confirmed!

USMagazine, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 6:15am (PDT)

It's official!

After 14 seasons featuring celebrities including Bristol Palin, Mario Lopez and Kate Gosselin, Dancing With the Stars has confirmed that its first-ever all-star edition will premiere this fall.

PHOTOS: Incredible DWTS body makeovers

"We can't talk about the casting yet, but I'd love to see some of the fan favorites from the past seasons come back," ABC's entertainment president Paul Lee told reporters Tuesday.

On that night's episode of the series -- during which Maria Menounos was eliminated -- host Tom Bergeron hinted that past DWTS champs would be invited back for the all-star season.

PHOTOS: DWTS' wackiest costumes ever

Earlier this month, TVGuide.com reported that former contestants Mario Lopez, Gilles Marini, Mel B and Kyle Massey could be in contention. (Lopez confirmed that he was indeed in talks to take part during a LIVE! With Kelly co-hosting gig in April. "They called me," Lopez told Kelly Ripa, declining to elaborate.)

VIDEO: Kate Gosselin vs. Wendy Williams -- who's the better dancer?

Season 7's Dancing With the Stars champ -- and current DWTS co-host -- Brooke Burke Charvet also wouldn't mind putting her dancing shoes back on. "I haven't danced ballroom since I left…I would love to [return]," Burke Charvet told Rachael Ray. "And being on the show, it just makes me want to dance again."

Tell Us: Who would you like to see return for the all-star edition of Dancing With the Stars?

This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Dancing With the Stars: All-Star Season Confirmed!

Show Comments
When using Facebook Connect your image and name may display on Wonderwall. All Privacy Settings are controlled by Facebook
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT
Hot Bod!
aa
Thanks for subscribing!