Demi Lovato's Curly X Factor Updo: All the Details!
Pretty in punk!
On Thursday night's episode of X Factor, Demi Lovato rocked a denim jacket boasting some serious, studded hardware. To balance out her edgy outerwear, she turned to celeb hair pro Johnny Stuntz, who completed the new judge's look with a soft, flirty updo. (Stuntz also styled Lovato for the show's September premiere.)
Want to try out Lovato's hairstyle at home? Here's how!
1. After shampooing and conditioning (Stuntz used Kerastase products), work a frizz-taming serum through hair and brush out
2. Blow dry, while spraying in a thickening spray (a la Bumble and Bumble's)
3. Once hair is dry, curl using a one-inch iron; once curling is complete, set using a flexible-hold hair spray
4. Work fingers through the hair to break up and loosen curls
5. Pull the hair back into a French Twist; pin into place
6. Instead of a headband, tie a scarf around the head; pull out pieces at the front for an unfussy finish
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Demi Lovato's Curly X Factor Updo: All the Details!
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »