Demi Lovato's Curly X Factor Updo: All the Details!
Pretty in punk!
On Thursday night's episode of X Factor, Demi Lovato rocked a denim jacket boasting some serious, studded hardware. To balance out her edgy outerwear, she turned to celeb hair pro Johnny Stuntz, who completed the new judge's look with a soft, flirty updo. (Stuntz also styled Lovato for the show's September premiere.)
Want to try out Lovato's hairstyle at home? Here's how!
1. After shampooing and conditioning (Stuntz used Kerastase products), work a frizz-taming serum through hair and brush out
2. Blow dry, while spraying in a thickening spray (a la Bumble and Bumble's)
3. Once hair is dry, curl using a one-inch iron; once curling is complete, set using a flexible-hold hair spray
4. Work fingers through the hair to break up and loosen curls
5. Pull the hair back into a French Twist; pin into place
6. Instead of a headband, tie a scarf around the head; pull out pieces at the front for an unfussy finish
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Demi Lovato's Curly X Factor Updo: All the Details!
No More Kids!
Gwen Stefani chats completing her family with son Apollo, life's biggest surprises, scary fashion mishaps and more!Watch Video »
Who's That Girl?
Get the scoop on everything you need to know about Gigi Hadid on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Backstreet Boys chat about their raw documentary and if band life is as fun now as it was in the '90s.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the mother-daughter duo on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »