ET's Nancy O'Dell headed to London to sit down with everyone's favorite judge, Simon Cowell, who reveals whether or not he thinks "American Idol"'s newest judges, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, have what it takes to be tough when the competition goes live.
"I think they started off by saying it's a nicer, gentler 'Idol,' so maybe they'll continue to be that way," he tells Nancy. "They're different kinds of judges."
Meanwhile, the TV staple reveals three things you may not know about him!
1. "I like animals, I like dogs," he says. "I like ugly dogs. If I was going to buy a dog I would go to a pound and buy a dog that's a bit ugly that nobody else wants and they'll be more loyal."
2. "I like cartoons every morning," he says. "I like 'The Flintstones,' 'The Jetsons,' all the old ones. I watch them in the morning to put me in a good mood."
3. "I climb trees, daily," he says. "It's like a ritual."
While opening up about his love for trees, cartoons and animals, Cowell stays mum when Nancy asked about if wedding plans were still in the works with fiancee Mezhgan Hussainy, despite rumors that the engagement was off.
One thing everyone does know about Simon is that he has a knack for finding talent and he's hoping to find the next global superstar when 'The X Factor' makes its American debut in September on Fox.
So what's it take to have the "X Factor"?
"Charisma, unique, hard-working, attitude, talent," he says.
For more with Cowell, check out tonight's ET!
Related stories on ETonline.com:'Modern Family''s Phil & Claire Role Play to Sex Up Valentine's DayTop Websites to Watch Your Fave TV Shows
- Sep. 20, 2016 Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce!
- Sep. 23, 2016 Tons of Hollywood royalty attended this Chanel event