Duchess Kate, Queen Elizabeth to Bond on Summer Vacation
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Nate Jones/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com6 of 17
- Photo: Photo courtesy of Grey Goose/.7 of 17
- Photo: Matt Baron/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M Barrazza/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Baron/BEImages/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com16 of 17
Summer vacation with the royal Grandmother-in-Law!
Duchess Kate has scored her very first invite to the royal summer holiday at the Balmoral estate in Scotland, London's Telegraph reports. Kate and hubby Prince William, both 29, are set to join elder royals toward the end of August.
The newlyweds will be joining the Queen, Prince Philip plus Prince Charles and Camilla for royal picnics, home-cinema evenings and even family barbecues where Philip himself takes over the grill!
The getaway is a prime opportunity for Kate to meet the staff at Balmoral, where she will one day be mistress of the house.
Plus, Kate and the Queen can bond! "This is quite an important visit for Kate because, believe it or not, The Queen does not really know her very well at all," Ingrid Seward of Majesty magazine tells The Telegraph.
"Kate has never had an invitation before to stay at Balmoral - but she is family now and The Queen wants to get to know her...The Queen needs to present Kate to Scotland. The time has come."
"William and Catherine are now spending time as a married couple on Anglesey," a Clarence House rep said. "We cannot comment on their future private time."
Before that trip, however, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are set to attend another royal wedding in Edinburgh on July 30: Prince William's first cousin Zara Phillipps is set to wed Mike Tindall.
Zoe's Cute Family
Check out Zoe Saldana and husband Marco Perego's cutest family moments!Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Amanda Seyfried, Mark Wahlberg and co-stars dish on the cruel dognapping that went down on the "Ted 2" set with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
Get all the shocking baby scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »