Dylan Lauren: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. My parents were inspired by Bob Dylan and Dylan Thomas when naming me. They specifically saved this masculine name for their only girl.
2. When I was 16, my father Ralph Lauren wanted to name a perfume "Dylan" but I told him I needed to reserve my name for when I built my own brand.
3. My middle name is Ariel after Shakespeare's angel.
4. I have been nicknamed the Candy Queen, by notables such as Oprah.
5. I wrote my book, Unwrap Your Sweet Life on my Blackberry while exercising on the stair mill.
6. I don't like sitting still at a desk and often conduct business on my Blackberry or in walking meetings.
7. Computers intimidate me.
8. In high school I auditioned for MTV to be a dancer and a VJ (video jockey), I unfortunately was not cast as one.
9. I believe dancing is the best stress reliever.
10. I have always been a tomboy and am very athletic.
11. I am an aqua-aerobics instructor on the side of my profession.
12. My favorite color is turquoise.
13. I collect rainbow-colored objects from silk flowers, markers, toys, art, office supplies.
14. I'm one of only 10 women in the world to have their own portrait made out of jelly beans by Jelly Belly (others include Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana, the Mona Lisa, and Amelia Earhart).
15. I collect candy packaging from around the world and believe it has the value of Pop Art.
16. I eat candy daily and prefer gummies to chocolate.
17. My husband proposed to me on the beach using candy.
18. My favorite animal is a rabbit. I have over 3,000 bunnies in my collection.
19. One day I hope to have a pot bellied pig and a wombat as pets.
20. I hope to open an animal shelter in continuation of my efforts to help rescue and provide a safe-haven for animals.
21. I adopted a dog from Puerto Rico at a shelter in New Jersey, and named her Jersey.
22. My favorite holidays are Easter and Groundhog Day.
23. I believe in astrology/or consult an astrologist in my everyday life.
24. I own a yellow Land Rover Defender, and I named it Sunny.
25. I am a picky eater. By that I mean, I love to pick the raisins out of oatmeal raisin cookies, the chips out of chocolate chip cookies, the white side off of black and white cookies, and the vanilla center out of Oreos.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Dylan Lauren: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »