Dylan Lauren: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. My parents were inspired by Bob Dylan and Dylan Thomas when naming me. They specifically saved this masculine name for their only girl.
2. When I was 16, my father Ralph Lauren wanted to name a perfume "Dylan" but I told him I needed to reserve my name for when I built my own brand.
3. My middle name is Ariel after Shakespeare's angel.
4. I have been nicknamed the Candy Queen, by notables such as Oprah.
5. I wrote my book, Unwrap Your Sweet Life on my Blackberry while exercising on the stair mill.
6. I don't like sitting still at a desk and often conduct business on my Blackberry or in walking meetings.
7. Computers intimidate me.
8. In high school I auditioned for MTV to be a dancer and a VJ (video jockey), I unfortunately was not cast as one.
9. I believe dancing is the best stress reliever.
10. I have always been a tomboy and am very athletic.
11. I am an aqua-aerobics instructor on the side of my profession.
12. My favorite color is turquoise.
13. I collect rainbow-colored objects from silk flowers, markers, toys, art, office supplies.
14. I'm one of only 10 women in the world to have their own portrait made out of jelly beans by Jelly Belly (others include Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana, the Mona Lisa, and Amelia Earhart).
15. I collect candy packaging from around the world and believe it has the value of Pop Art.
16. I eat candy daily and prefer gummies to chocolate.
17. My husband proposed to me on the beach using candy.
18. My favorite animal is a rabbit. I have over 3,000 bunnies in my collection.
19. One day I hope to have a pot bellied pig and a wombat as pets.
20. I hope to open an animal shelter in continuation of my efforts to help rescue and provide a safe-haven for animals.
21. I adopted a dog from Puerto Rico at a shelter in New Jersey, and named her Jersey.
22. My favorite holidays are Easter and Groundhog Day.
23. I believe in astrology/or consult an astrologist in my everyday life.
24. I own a yellow Land Rover Defender, and I named it Sunny.
25. I am a picky eater. By that I mean, I love to pick the raisins out of oatmeal raisin cookies, the chips out of chocolate chip cookies, the white side off of black and white cookies, and the vanilla center out of Oreos.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Dylan Lauren: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Check out The Rock's best Instagram videos of 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Hilary's Frenchie plus more of the cutest celebri-pups to make their debut on social media in 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Style Moments '14
From Kerry Washington to Emma Watson, check out the biggest style moments of 2014.Watch Video »
Penelope + North
Kim Kardashian chaperones North and Penelope as the family celebrates Mason's fifth birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger to Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble; check out these odd celebrity couples.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Kendall's fabulous new fashion career on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPeople Awards
From Crowd Ignite