Elizabeth Taylor Health Timeline
Since her life-threatening case of pneumonia which caused her to undergo a tracheotomy back in 1960, Dame Elizabeth Taylor has battled a slew of health issues in and out of the media. We're taking a look back at Liz and her health leading up to her sad passing.
• Feb. 1997: Taylor underwent surgery to remove a benign brain tumor
• March 1997: Taylor went back to the hospital after suffering a brain seizure
• July 2008: Taylor was hospitalized with congestive heart failure and pneumonia, was placed on life support briefly
• May 22, 2009: Taylor made a routine hospital visit
• July 15, 2009: Her rep denied rumors of her being hospitalized for a meltdown over Michael Jackson's death. "She is in for standard tests and a minor 'though painful' surgical procedure," her rep said. "That's it. No drama, no shrieking, no sedation required. Nobody on her staff is worried. Period."
• Oct. 6, 2009: Taylor took to twitter to inform her fans of health news with the following tweets: "Dear friends, I would like to let you know before it gets in the papers that I am going into the hospital to have a procedure on my heart." "It's very new and involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device, without open heart surgery, so that my heart will function better." "Any prayers you happen to have lying around I would dearly appreciate. I'll let you know when it's all over. Love you, Elizabeth.”
• Feb. 11, 2011: Taylor's rep told ET, "Elizabeth Taylor was hospitalized earlier this week when she was taken to Cedars Sinai suffering from symptoms caused by congestive heart failure, an ongoing condition. This issue is being addressed. She is currently being kept in the hospital for monitoring.”
• Feb. 23, 2011: Taylor's rep announced her progress, stating "Elizabeth Taylor's doctors continue to be encouraged by her progress. She will stay in the hospital for now, so they can continue to observe her. She is in good spirits and continues to feel stronger every day. To clarify, she has not had a heart attack, a stroke or any kind of heart surgery."
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hilary Duff, Katy Perry and more stars debut new 'dos on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »