Facebook users really liked The Hunger Games!
On Wednesday, Dec. 12, Facebook released its 2012 Year in Review of the top ten most talked about movies, songs, TV show, books, public figures and other topics.
The social networking site's billion-plus users may find it hard to believe that they were sharing, liking and commenting on The Hunger Games the most this year in both the movie and book categories. The Suzanne Collins book-trilogy-turned-blockbuster-hit beat erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey and superhero film The Avengers for the No. 1 spot on both lists.
Another surprise category: TV shows.
A&E's Duck Dynasty, a show about a family that runs a duck call fabrication business, was the most talked about series of year. TLC's Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, a show about a child beauty pageant contestant and her redneck family, came in second.
Check out the top five results in each category below, and visit facebookstories.com/2012 for the full list!
1. The Hunger Games
2. The Avengers
3. Magic Mike
4. The Vow
5. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
1. "We Are Young - feat. Janelle Monáe" - Fun
2. "Somebody That I Used To Know" - Gotye
3. "Call Me Maybe" – Carly Rae Jepsen
4. "What Makes You Beautiful" – One Direction
5. "Payphone" – Maroon 5
1. Duck Dynasty
2. Honey Boo Boo
3. Big Bang Theory
4. Game of Thrones
5. Downton Abbey
1. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
2. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
3. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
4. Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James
5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
1. Barack Obama
2. Mitt Romney
3. One Direction
4. Tim Tebow
5. Eli and Peyton Manning
Can't remember what your own biggest moments were in 2012? Visit Facebook.com/YearinReview to see the 20 biggest moments from your own year.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Facebook 2012 Year in Review Reveals The Hunger Games as Top Movie, Book