Gabby Douglas: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Gabby Douglas, who, along with her four teammates, just nabbed the first gold medal for the U.S. at the Team Finals in women's gymnastics, shares with Us Weekly her favorite music, her go-to foods and what sport she'd be doing if she wasn't a gymnast. Read more about the 16-year-old Virginia native, who moved to Iowa to train with Olympic greats, below.
1. If I could be anything in the world, I would be an actress.
2. My celebrity crush is Ian Smolderhalder.
3. I can't stand liver; I think it's gross.
4. I like most animals, but I like dogs and cats the best. I had a rabbit and fish when I was younger.
5. I like to knit. I'm not very good at it, but my sister Joyelle taught me how and so far I've made a hat, a blanket and some booties, which we donated to charity.
6. I loved watching the ABC Family show Make It Or Break It and saying to myself, 'I can do that!' It was kind of like watching a really cheesy version of my life (but I loved it anyway!)
7. I used to be really afraid of the water, but I learned how to swim a few years ago and now I like it.
8. One of my favorite home-cooked meals is matzo ball soup.
9. I sing in the shower -- really loudly.
10. I say my prayers every day.
11. I love the Los Angeles Lakers and the New England Patriots. My brother (John) got me into them.
12. I have two dogs at home in Virginia that I love and miss. If my mom would let me, I would get another. (She said no way).
13. I love to dance whether people are watching me or not.
14. I have two older sisters and an older brother so I've always been the baby of the family, but now that I live with [host family] the Parton's in Des Moines, IA, I get to be the big sister and I like playing that role too. Missy and Travis Parton and their four young daughters are my second family.
15. I'm really excited to try all of the food in London.
16. I really, really would like to meet Queen Elizabeth while I'm in London. That would just be so cool!
17. I'm home-schooled and an honor roll student.
18. The night before a competition I like to eat salmon, mashed potatoes and vegetables.
19. My favorite color is yellow.
20. Right before a competition I pray and listen to music. I like Drake, Lil' Wayne and Katy Perry. Only the clean versions though!
21. I recently learned how to play the piano. I have a lot of work to do.
22. If I could play any other sport, it would probably be track and field.
23. I love chocolate. All kinds -- anything I can get my hands on.
24. I don't know how to drive yet.
25. I always have MAC lip gloss with me and wear it during competitions.
Want more Olympics? Meet Team USA's families, go inside their homes (and gyms!), and more! Check out Us Weekly's Olympic collectors edition, "American Heroes," on newsstands now. Order at bn.com/usolympics.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Gabby Douglas: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Get all the scoop on "The Bachelorette" on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello and co-stars dish on being naked and wearing thongs on the set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Anne Hathaway to Katy Perry, see some of the most famous celeb flashers.Watch Video »
Check out Val Chmerkovskiy, Ian Somerhalder and more shirtless stars on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kate Hudson to Tyra Banks, check out these gorgeous stars sans makeup!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTsecret return?
From Crowd Ignite