Gabby Douglas: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Gabby Douglas, who, along with her four teammates, just nabbed the first gold medal for the U.S. at the Team Finals in women's gymnastics, shares with Us Weekly her favorite music, her go-to foods and what sport she'd be doing if she wasn't a gymnast. Read more about the 16-year-old Virginia native, who moved to Iowa to train with Olympic greats, below.
1. If I could be anything in the world, I would be an actress.
2. My celebrity crush is Ian Smolderhalder.
3. I can't stand liver; I think it's gross.
4. I like most animals, but I like dogs and cats the best. I had a rabbit and fish when I was younger.
5. I like to knit. I'm not very good at it, but my sister Joyelle taught me how and so far I've made a hat, a blanket and some booties, which we donated to charity.
6. I loved watching the ABC Family show Make It Or Break It and saying to myself, 'I can do that!' It was kind of like watching a really cheesy version of my life (but I loved it anyway!)
7. I used to be really afraid of the water, but I learned how to swim a few years ago and now I like it.
8. One of my favorite home-cooked meals is matzo ball soup.
9. I sing in the shower -- really loudly.
10. I say my prayers every day.
11. I love the Los Angeles Lakers and the New England Patriots. My brother (John) got me into them.
12. I have two dogs at home in Virginia that I love and miss. If my mom would let me, I would get another. (She said no way).
13. I love to dance whether people are watching me or not.
14. I have two older sisters and an older brother so I've always been the baby of the family, but now that I live with [host family] the Parton's in Des Moines, IA, I get to be the big sister and I like playing that role too. Missy and Travis Parton and their four young daughters are my second family.
15. I'm really excited to try all of the food in London.
16. I really, really would like to meet Queen Elizabeth while I'm in London. That would just be so cool!
17. I'm home-schooled and an honor roll student.
18. The night before a competition I like to eat salmon, mashed potatoes and vegetables.
19. My favorite color is yellow.
20. Right before a competition I pray and listen to music. I like Drake, Lil' Wayne and Katy Perry. Only the clean versions though!
21. I recently learned how to play the piano. I have a lot of work to do.
22. If I could play any other sport, it would probably be track and field.
23. I love chocolate. All kinds -- anything I can get my hands on.
24. I don't know how to drive yet.
25. I always have MAC lip gloss with me and wear it during competitions.
Want more Olympics? Meet Team USA's families, go inside their homes (and gyms!), and more! Check out Us Weekly's Olympic collectors edition, "American Heroes," on newsstands now. Order at bn.com/usolympics.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Gabby Douglas: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »