James Van Der Beek: My Son Isn't Named After Joshua Jackson!
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com2 of 17
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: Fern/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional5 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com6 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: HD1/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd.10 of 17
- Photo: The WB/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com14 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Splash News16 of 17
When James Van Der Beek named his three-week-old son Joshua, it wasn't to honor his "Dawson's Creek" costar Joshua Jackson, 33.
"It doesn't [for that reason] at all," the "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23" actor laughed to Us Weekly at the L!fe Happens premiere in Century City, Calif. Monday. "It would have been cute, but no, it's something I did not even think about. It's a great name."
Van Der Beek, who is also father to daughter Olivia, 18 months, with wife Kimberly Brook, 30, added that his son is "amazing."
"I'm just in love," the 35-year-old gushed, adding that he "absolutely" adores being a father. "You don't realize it until it actually happens and then it's like, 'Oh, that's what they were talking about.'"
Van Der Beek, who plays a fictionalized version of himself on his new ABC series, is looking forward to poking fun at himself on TV.
"I think the second episode we pretty much get away from any 'Dawson's' stuff and get down to satirizing actors in general," Van Der Beek told Us. "We start making up things on the resume that don't actually exist because it's funnier."
"Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23" premieres April 11 at 9:30 p.m. EST on ABC.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Go behind the scenes at the 2015 Life Is Beautiful Music & Art Festival in Las Vegas with Rosario Dawson, Kat Graham, Snoop Dogg and more!Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Pets & Love
Miranda Lambert opens up about self-esteem issues, her husband Blake Shelton and her involvement with Pedigree Dog Charity.Watch Video »