Duchess Kate Shines in First Solo Public Engagement
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News1 of 12
- Photo: BAUER-GRIFFIN/.2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Islandpaps //Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: Ian Gavan/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Tatler/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage11 of 12
Duchess Kate doesn't need Prince William by her side to make a splash.
The 30-year-old duchess of Cambridge made her first solo public appearance since marrying into the royal family, attending a preview of Lucian Freud paintings at the National Portrait Gallery in London on Wednesday.
Wearing an affordable gray Jesire dress and 4-inch heels, Kate spoke with photographer Mary McCartney and her daughter, Bella Freud, inside the museum.
The National Portrait Gallery is one of the five causes Kate -- an art history major at St. Andrews University -- officially supports.
Where was her beloved William, 29? The search-and-rescue helicopter pilot is currently deployed more than 7,500 miles away in the Falkland Islands, near South America.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Jennifer Lopez to Reese Witherspoon, check out these priceless red carpet throwback pictures!Watch Video »
Check out all the stars on the red carpet at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Nikki Reed, and Jennifer Lawrence all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Bye Bye Zayn
Get the scoop on 1D's huge, heartbreaking news on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »