Duchess Kate Shines in First Solo Public Engagement
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News1 of 12
- Photo: BAUER-GRIFFIN/.2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Islandpaps //Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: Ian Gavan/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Tatler/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage11 of 12
Duchess Kate doesn't need Prince William by her side to make a splash.
The 30-year-old duchess of Cambridge made her first solo public appearance since marrying into the royal family, attending a preview of Lucian Freud paintings at the National Portrait Gallery in London on Wednesday.
Wearing an affordable gray Jesire dress and 4-inch heels, Kate spoke with photographer Mary McCartney and her daughter, Bella Freud, inside the museum.
The National Portrait Gallery is one of the five causes Kate -- an art history major at St. Andrews University -- officially supports.
Where was her beloved William, 29? The search-and-rescue helicopter pilot is currently deployed more than 7,500 miles away in the Falkland Islands, near South America.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the Kardashians' best swimsuit moments during their family vacation in St. Barths on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bad Summer Looks
From Miley Cyrus to Nicki Minaj, see some of the worst summer fashion in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »