Kate Upton covers Vanity Fair, named model of the year
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vanity Fair1 of 9
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Happy Birthday, Vanity Fair! To celebrate their 100th anniversary issue, Kate Upton graces the October cover. The 21-year-old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model channels Marilyn Monroe in white satin lingerie while holding a small cake in one hand. With blond curly hair and red lipstick, Upton poses seductively while leaning over and flaunting her curves.
Famed photographer Annie Leibovitz shot Upton for the cover, which mimics the original Dress & Vanity Fair Oct. 1, 1913, issue. Though it's hard to believe, the gorgeous model tells Vanity Fair that she hasn't always received positive remarks on her appearance.
"I'm not going to name names, but one agency told me, 'You're too American, and everybody knows American women are lazy.' I was so offended!" she recalls. "I've never been so offended! I was like, 'You know that you're in America, right?' And it wasn't 'American models' -- it was 'American women are lazy,' period! I feel like a lot of women would disagree with that. A lot!" (In 2012, Victoria's Secret Fashion Show casting agent Sophia Neophitou told The New York Times that they "would never use" Upton, adding, "She's like a footballer's wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.")
Too American or not, Upton's career success continues to soar. She was recently named 2013's Model of the Year at the Style Awards. The 10th annual event, hosted by IMG Fashion, will be held on Wednesday in New York City to kick-off Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGet Well Soon
From Crowd Ignite