Muti to miss Chicago Symphony Orchestra concerts
CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Symphony Orchestra says music director Riccardo Muti (MOOT' ee) will miss three concerts and a student engagement because of flu-like symptoms.
The symphony said Wednesday that Muti has withdrawn from concerts on Jan. 17, 18 and 19. He will be replaced by guest conductor Edo de Waart.
The 71-year-old also will not attend a Monday rehearsal of the Festival Orchestra, which includes Chicago-area high school students and members of the Civic Orchestra of Chicago. Conductor Miguel Harth-Bedoya of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra will replace him at the event.
This is the second time Muti has missed symphony performances. In February 2011, he was hospitalized in Chicago after fainting during a rehearsal and suffering jaw and facial fractures.
Chicago Symphony Orchestra: http://www.cso.org
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Go behind the scenes at the 2015 Life Is Beautiful Music & Art Festival in Las Vegas with Rosario Dawson, Kat Graham, Snoop Dogg and more!Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Pets & Love
Miranda Lambert opens up about self-esteem issues, her husband Blake Shelton and her involvement with Pedigree Dog Charity.Watch Video »