Queen Elizabeth II Invites Duchess Kate's Parents to Royal Christmas Gathering
- Photo: Oli Scarff/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: WENN2 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex / Rex USA/Wonderwall6 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA7 of 17
- Photo: KPB/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 17
- Photo: WENN10 of 17
- Photo: WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: BBC/.13 of 17
- Photo: WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Talk about an offer you can't refuse!
In an unprecedented move, Queen Elizabeth II has extended an invitation to Duchess Kate's parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, to be the first-ever non-royals to join her family's annual Christmas gathering at the Sandringham Estate. The bid breaks with decades of tradition, since the celebration until now has been an exclusively royal affair.
The "difficult time," of course, refers to Middleton's struggles with hyperemesis gravidarum, an acute form of morning sickness. The duchess, 30, was hospitalized with the condition earlier this month and has since been forced to bow out of several planned engagements as she recovers at home.
That said, the royal mom-to-be has been feeling increasingly healthier in recent days. On Dec. 16, she attended the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards -- her first official public appearance since announcing her pregnancy -- where she told former soccer player Gary Lineker she was feeling "very well." Two days later, she and her husband, also 30, hosted a low-key holiday lunch for 27 members of their staff at the Bumpkin restaurant in London's Notting Hill neighborhood.
Still, insiders tell Us that the duchess is taking her schedule day by day and won't finalize Christmas plans "until the night before or the morning of. It depends [on] how she feels," an aide says. "And if Catherine doesn't go, William probably won't either."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Queen Elizabeth II Invites Kate Middleton's Parents to Royal Christmas Gathering
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite