Report: Christopher Schwarzenegger, 13, Hospitalized After Surfing Accident
- Photo: Deano/Splash News1 of 28
- Photo: MAX WHITTAKER/Invision/AP2 of 28
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com3 of 28
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/Michael Wright/WENN4 of 28
- Photo: CD1/WENN5 of 28
- Photo: AN2/WENN6 of 28
- Photo: Francis Specker/Invision/AP7 of 28
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN8 of 28
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 28
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP10 of 28
- Photo: Brabus/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 28
- Photo: Invision/AP12 of 28
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP13 of 28
- Photo: VPC/WENN14 of 28
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN15 of 28
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP16 of 28
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP17 of 28
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP18 of 28
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News19 of 28
- Photo: Orion Pictures/Promotional20 of 28
- Photo: Bela Szandelszky/Invision/AP21 of 28
- Photo: PF1/WENN22 of 28
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP23 of 28
- Photo: Tim Sharp/Invision/AP24 of 28
- Photo: REVOLUTIONPIX/Bauer-Griffin25 of 28
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN26 of 28
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP27 of 28
Challenging times for Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger's family. TMZ reports that the divorcing couple's youngest son Christopher, 13, has been hospitalized for several days following a serious boogie boarding accident in Malibu last weekend.
Christopher is said to have suffered multiple broken bones and a collapsed lung while at the beach with his mom. He has been in the hospital since the accident -- but his condition was recently upgraded, and the young teen is going to be OK.
Shriver, 55, and Schwarzenegger, 63, plus their three older children, have banded together to watch over Christopher at the hospital as he recovers, TMZ reports.
The family released a staement earlier on Friday that reads: "While it has been a very scary week, Christopher is surrounded by his family and friends. He is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery. On behalf of our entire family, we want to sincerely thank the paramedics and lifeguards who responded so swiftly as well as the doctors, nurses, emergency room and hospital staff who have cared for our son," they added "They have been extraordinary to him and to us. We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and ask for respect and privacy for Christopher and our family."
On Friday, his older brother, Patrick, Tweeted an update writing: "Thank you everyone for your messages about my brother. This kid is strongest kid I ever seen. Keep praying."
And his sister, Katherine, also posted a message on Twitter: "Thank you guys for ur concern and prayers for my baby brother!" she wrote. "He's a tough little guy and getting better! Please keep praying for him!"
But the couple of 25 years still have a court battle ahead. On Wednesday, actor and former California governor Schwarzenegger responded to Shriver's recent divorce petition -- and asked a court not to award spousal support to Shriver, and requested that attorney and legal costs be jointly paid.
Shriver filed for divorce weeks after her husband publicly confessed to fathering an illegitimate child over ten years ago with a longtime member of the couple's household staff, housekeeper Mildred Baena.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTsecret return?
From Crowd Ignite