Shain Gandee was laid to rest Sunday, April 7. A funeral was held for the 21-year-old Buckwild star at Charleston Municipal Auditorium in Charleston, W. Va. with hundreds of mourners in attendance, The Associated Press reports.
Gandee died from carbon monoxide poisoning along with his uncle David Gandee, 48, and friend Donald Robert Myers, 27, on April 1 after their truck was found stuck in mud. The tailpipe was reportedly submerged in mud, causing the gas to leak into the car.
As requested, family, friends and fans remembered Gandee on Sunday by wearing camouflage attire and neon T-shirts with his nickname, "Gandee Candy," printed on them. His mother, Lorette Gandee, spoke at the funeral and said to fellow mourners, "I know where Shain is. He said about a month ago, 'I know when I die I'm going to heaven.'"
Country music played as mourners walked passed the closed coffin and a slideshow of family photos was presented. A private family burial was then held at nearby Thaxton Cemetry.
Buckwild costar Ashley Whitt tweeted Sunday, "Shain's getting buckwild in heaven right now! I would almost bet my arms and legs that he's already found the deepest mud hole up there."
Cara Parris, also tweeted, "I've never seen so much camo in one building. All these people are so amazing. Camo for Shain."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Shain Gandee Funeral: Buckwild Star Laid to Rest in West Virginia
- Dec. 12, 2017 See which celebs are lending their voices to 'Ferdinand'