Tiger Woods will not be participating in the 2009 Chevron World Challenge as scheduled, citing injuries sustained from his one-car accident that occurred last week.
"I am extremely disappointed that I will not be at my tournament this week," the acclaimed golfer said. "I am certain it will be an outstanding event and I'm very sorry that I can't be there."
"We support Tiger's decision and are confident the strong field and excellent course will provide an exciting week of competition at the Chevron World Challenge," said Greg McLaughlin, Tiger Woods Foundation President & CEO.
The tournament will be held at the Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California and will begin on Wednesday, Dec. 2 and run through the weekend.
The pro golfer is reported to have suffered from facial lacerations following the accident. Woods has yet to speak with authorities about the crash -- with charges reportedly pending.
- Jul. 19, 2017 Find out the heights of your favorite male stars!