Christian Siriano calls Melissa McCarthy 'difficult'
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Oh, snap! Christian Siriano isn't amused by Melissa McCarthy. The "Project Runway" season 4 winner is slamming the "Tammy" actress for recently saying that no designer wanted to dress her for the 2012 Oscars, claiming instead that he "met with her people" in an attempt to collaborate at the time.
"She and her stylist chose the fabric and the beading. Quite frankly she was quite difficult to work with," Siriano recently told the New York Daily News. "She wanted some specific things that I thought would not look good on her body. And she was not comfortable with them in the end."
McCarthy talked about her dress drama in the July issue of Redbook magazine, also noting why she decided to start her own plus-size clothing line this year.
"When I go shopping, most of the time I'm disappointed. Two Oscars ago, I couldn't find anybody to do a dress for me," she said of the 2012 Academy Awards, when she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in "Bridesmaids." "I asked five or six designers—very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people—and they all said no."
The "Mike & Molly" star eventually chose a custom blush-colored Marina Rinaldi gown to walk the red carpet. She accessorized with a Brian Atwood handbag and heels.
"I went to college for fashion and textiles," she said of the upcoming line. "I'm really excited to start that this year. It's going to be fun."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite