Jennifer Aniston takes a loss in sale of NY apartments
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 22
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG4 of 22
- Photo: RWO/WENN5 of 22
- Photo: KM/Fame Flynet6 of 22
- Photo: WENN7 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 22
- Photo: Picasa/WireImage10 of 22
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 22
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN12 of 22
- Photo: Darla Khazei/Pacific Coast News13 of 22
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin14 of 22
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage15 of 22
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage16 of 22
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage17 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage19 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage20 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage21 of 22
Jennifer Aniston has taken a $500,000 loss selling off her New York apartments, a year after purchasing the two adjoining pads for just over $7 million.
RELATED: Hollywood's best girlfriends
Aniston gave up her Beverly Hills base last year and made plans to move to the Big Apple, where she grew up, with boyfriend Justin Theroux.
She scooped up two condominiums in Manhattan's trendy West Village area and planned on combining the properties to form her ideal home, but, after a brief stint in New York, Aniston decided to return to the West Coast.
RELATED: Celebs who've dated the same person
She revealed, "We tried New York. It felt like I was in a fishbowl. Justin still has an apartment there. … It was a little rough with the paparazzi. It didn't feel like the New York I grew up in and knew."
The actress recently managed to offload the apartment, albeit at the cut price of $6.5 million, according to the New York Post's Page Six column.
Aniston has since bought a $21 million mansion in Bel Air, Calif.
RELATED: Over-the-top celeb friends
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWhy He's Leaving
From Crowd Ignite