Meryl Streep's Daughter Mamie Gummer Splits With Husband Ben Walker
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: John Parra/Getty Images North America4 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Mamie Gummer's marriage is ending. The "Side Effects" actress -- who is Meryl Streep's daughter -- has split with husband Benjamin Walker, reps for both stars confirm exclusively to Us Weekly. "It's very amicable," Gummer's rep tells Us.
Adds another insider: "[The split] is very new."
Actors who've earned their chops on the Broadway stage as well as in TV and film, Gummer, 29, and the "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" star, 30, first announced their engagement to Us back in October 2009. Gummer told Us that Walker "surprised" her with a custom-made ring. "He did it on one knee!" she added at the time. "My mom loves him!"
They tied the knot nearly two years later, at her family's Connecticut estate, in July 2011, with stars like Claire Danes, Laura Linney and Tracey Ullman in attendance. The "Emily Owens, MD" star is the second eldest child of Oscar-winning actress Streep, 63, and sculptor husband Don Gummer, who have four children: musician Henry Gummer, 33, "Smash" actress Grace Gummer, 26, and student Louisa Gummer, 21.
The couple met while performing in the spring 2008 Broadway production of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses." "She was the Uma to my Keanu," Walker told New York magazine in a January 2013 interview. Walker is currently starring in a Broadway revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" opposite Scarlett Johansson -- and spoke fondly of his wife, with whom he shared a Brooklyn, New York, home during the New York magazine interview two months ago.
"She always worries about me in [press interviews] and rightfully so," said Walker, who texted his wife during the sit-down.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDiva Double Date
From Crowd Ignite