Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner urge support for Calif. paparazzi bill
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP1 of 23
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP2 of 23
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP3 of 23
- Photo: Rich Pedroncelli/Invision/AP4 of 23
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet5 of 23
- Photo: WENN6 of 23
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 23
- Photo: WENN8 of 23
- Photo: ROQU/GSI9 of 23
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 23
- Photo: Headlinephoto/Splash News11 of 23
- Photo: Fern/Splash News12 of 23
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 23
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage14 of 23
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 23
- Photo: Pablo/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet16 of 23
- Photo: Fame Flynet17 of 23
- Photo: DJ/Fame Flynet18 of 23
- Photo: WENN19 of 23
- Photo: WENN20 of 23
- Photo: WENN21 of 23
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN22 of 23
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Actresses Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner are urging California lawmakers to support legislation that would impose tougher penalties on paparazzi who harass celebrities and their children.
RELATED: Summer vacation style
The stars testified Tuesday before the Assembly Judiciary Committee on SB606. The bill would change the definition of harassment to include photographing a child without the permission of a legal guardian.
It was Berry's second state Capitol appearance on the measure. Berry, who is pregnant, told lawmakers the constant presence of photographers has made her daughter scared to go to school.
RELATED: Celebs out with their tots
Garner choked up describing how paparazzi aggressively follow her and her three children daily.
Media organizations are concerned the bill from Democratic Sen. Kevin de Leon of Los Angeles will interfere with news gathering. SB606 passed and heads to the Appropriations Committee.
RELATED: Check out Halle's baby bump
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »