Adam Sandler: There's 'No Reason' For Me To Host The Oscars
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Happy Madison/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Franka Bruns/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Lomeli/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: The Media Circuit/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: AB6/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
You can cross Adam Sandler's name off the list of possible Oscar hosts since Eddie Murphy dropped out Wednesday.
Sandler, speaking with On Air With Ryan Seacrest Thursday, said he's got no interest following in the footsteps of funny-men such as Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Steve Martin and Billy Crystal in presiding over the biggest night in show business.
The Oscars are the big story this week, Seacrest began, before asking, "Obviously Eddie's not gonna do it and [original director] Brett [Rather] stepped down: Would you do it?"
No thanks, Sandler said.
"There's no reason for me to be doing that, no. I see no happiness ... there's no upside," the 45-year-old SNL alum said. "Whoever has the courage to go out there, I'm proud of them."
The star of comedies such as "Big Daddy," "Anger Management" and "The Wedding Singer" joked that his annual Oscar party usually consists of him falling asleep, then waking up the next day asking why he didn't win anything.
Sandler co-stars with Al Pacino and Katie Holmes in the upcoming film, "Jack & Jill," which hits theaters Friday.
Fun fact: Other past Oscar hosts includes George Jessel, Frank Sinatra and Chevy Chase.
Adam Sandler On Hosting The Oscars
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite