Alexander Skarsgard: Kate Bosworth and I Had a "Special Experience"
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: GQ/Promotional2 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 18
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com4 of 18
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com5 of 18
- Photo: BSD/RSM/MWM/ZO9/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Dome, Jones/Pacific Coast News7 of 18
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: J.Sciulli/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: Splash News11 of 18
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com14 of 18
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Universal Pictures16 of 18
- Photo: Pacific Coast News17 of 18
True love lost?
"True Blood" hunk Skarsgard, 35, befriended Bosworth, 28, while making the flick "Straw Dogs," out this month. And in separate interviews with BlackBook magazine, conducted just before they announced their breakup, the actor and actress opened up about one another's charms.
"Kate is such a great actress, and she's so much more than a good-looking Hollywood starlet. We were just really good friends at the time," Skarsgard gushed. "But we shared a really special experience on that film."
Bosworth was just as enamored with her man. "[He] is so kind and so dedicated and so incredibly professional," she told BlackBook. "He's got this rare, wonderful control and stillness that you notice in a lot of old movie stars."
She added affectionately: "I feel incredibly lucky to have had that type of man on this movie."
Alas, since their announced split in July, Bosworth has rebounded with Michael Polish, her director in the upcoming film "Big Sur." Meanwhile, Skarsgard remains single, a pal tells Us Weekly, "and is loving the attention."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Heidi's craziest Halloween costumes through the years.Watch Video »
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Check out what the cast of "Beverly Hills, 90210" is up to now.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Pets & Love
Miranda Lambert opens up about self-esteem issues, her husband Blake Shelton and her involvement with Pedigree Dog Charity.Watch Video »