Amanda Bynes transfers to UCLA psychiatric facility, hides under sheet
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: GOAL/GSI6 of 13
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: JB Nicholas/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: GSI12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Amanda Bynes is moving to a new psychiatric facility. After being hospitalized on an involuntary 5150 psychiatric hold on July 22, the 27-year-old troubled actress stepped out for the first time to travel to UCLA Medical Center on Thursday, Aug. 15, TMZ reports.
Bynes covered her body and face with a white sheet while leaving a psychiatric facility in Ventura County. The "Easy A" star appeared to be wearing a bright blue wig on her head and only socks on her feet while walking to a black SUV.
According to TMZ, Bynes' mom Lynn, who was granted temporary conservatorship over her daughter on Aug. 9, wanted her transferred in order to receive the best psychiatric care.
On Aug. 9, TMZ reported that a judge granted doctors' request to extend Bynes' psychiatric hold for an additional 30 days. For the extension to be granted, it required the patient to be "gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder."
Bynes was initially placed under psychiatric care on July 22, after allegedly starting a fire in a stranger's driveway in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite