Angelina Jolie: I'm Lucky I Didn't Die Young
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: System.String/Reuters2 of 20
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 20
- Photo: Splash News4 of 20
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Junji Kurokawa/Invision/AP8 of 20
- Photo: Junji Kurokawa/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Yusuke Nakanishi/StarTraks10 of 20
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/StarTraks11 of 20
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 20
- Photo: Anonymous/.13 of 20
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Francois Mori/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Splash News16 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN19 of 20
She wasn't always toy shopping with Shiloh and visiting with refugees in the Congo.
Prior to her current, globe-trotting life as an actress, humanitarian, mother of six and longtime partner to Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie first became a household name as a weird, risk-taking Hollywood hottie.
Now 36, the star, whose directorial and screenwriting debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey" is due out in December, says that the much-parodied darkness of her earlier years was very real -- and very scary.
"I went through heavier, darker times and I survived them. I didn't die young," Jolie tells "60 Minutes" correspondent Bob Simon in a new interview airing Sunday.
"So I am very lucky. There are other artists and people that didn't survive certain things," adds the Oscar winner.
Daredevil Jolie, who infamously smooched her brother James Haven at the Oscars, kept a vial of blood of hubby Billy Bob Thornton's around her neck, amid other pre-Brad shenanigans, failed to elaborate how she might have died young.
But, she teases to Simon, "People can imagine that I did the most dangerous, and I did the worst. ... for many reasons, I shouldn't be here. You just. ... too many times where you came close to too many dangerous things, too many chances taken too, too far."
Not that she's completely reformed, of course. "I'm still a bad girl," Jolie insists. "I still have that side of me. ... it's just in its place now. ... it belongs to Brad, or our adventures," she gushes of Pitt, 47, her man since 2005.
They share kids Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 6, Shiloh, 5, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 3.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite