Angelina Jolie says ex-husband Jonny Lee Miller is still a 'great friend'
- Photo: Thomas Dubois/Retna Ltd.1 of 7
- Photo: Darla Khazei/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: REX Features/.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Of course Angie gets an A for amicable! Angelina Jolie revealed in a new interview that she's still good friends with her first ex-husband Jonny Lee Miller. Reflecting with Buzzfeed about her illustrious acting career, the Oscar winner said her role as a veritable unknown in the 1995 film Hackers reminded her of "Well, oddly, love."
"That's where I met Jonny," she said of Miller, "who is still a great friend." The mother of six, 38, added, "I think of him when I think of that. Although, I'm sure the movie looks so ancient now, but we had a lot of fun making that."
After Jolie and British actor Miller costarred together in the mostly-forgotten thriller about computer hackers, they eloped in March 1996 in Vegas. During their shotgun ceremony, Jolie famously wore a shirt scrawled with Miller's name in blood. "It's your husband. You're about to marry him," Jolie told the New York Times. "You can sacrifice a little to make it really special."
Three years later, they divorced.
Despite the split nearly two decades ago, Jolie and Elementary star Miller, 41, have remained in touch. She eventually went on to marry Billy Bob Thornton in 2001 (blood-vial necklaces and all), only to divorce in 2003. She and Thornton, 58, remain on good terms, with the "Fargo" actor revealing in an April 2014 interview that they still talk. "She's amazing, amazing," he gushed of the U.N. Goodwill Ambassador.
As the story goes, Jolie eventually ended up with her true love, Brad Pitt, after connecting with him on the set of 2005's "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." In a recent interview with Elle magazine, Jolie mused about her partnership with Pitt, 50. "You get together and you're two individuals and you feel inspired by each other, you challenge each other, you complement each other, drive each other beautifully crazy," she reflected.
"I never thought I'd be in love, I never thought I'd meet the right person," the Maleficent star added. "Having come from a broken home, you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don't look for them."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite