Angelina Jolie's doctor praises her for mastectomy decision
- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 13
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: MNB/HSS/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: BB1/HSS/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: ZH1/ZJE/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: APL/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Angelina Jolie's personal doctor has heaped praise on the private Hollywood star for opting to go public with news of her double mastectomy.
Jolie made headlines in May when she revealed she had undergone the drastic surgery as a preventative measure after doctors warned her she was at high risk of developing breast cancer.
RELATED: Hollywood's palest celeb countdown
Now Dr. Kristi Funk tells Los Angeles magazine Jolie had decided early on she would make an announcement about the procedures, but "waited to find the perfect timing in her personal and professional life, but, I think most importantly, in her soul."
Funk has applauded Jolie for inspiring others, telling the September issue of the publication, "When someone who is arguably the most beautiful woman in the world removes the part of her body that is symbolic of femininity and sexuality, you have to say, 'Why would she do that?' "She is intensely private, but she calculated the moment when she would be ready to reveal something so personal... She knew always that in her philanthropic core she couldn't keep this a secret and be who she is. She always knew."
Jolie, whose mother Marcheline Bertrand lost her battle with ovarian cancer in 2007, underwent almost three months of medical procedures in secret, beginning Feb. 2 and ending on April 27.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite