Anne Hathaway: I'm More Like Lindsay Lohan Than People Realize
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 23
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 23
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 23
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 23
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com5 of 23
- Photo: Mr.Blue/WENN6 of 23
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN7 of 23
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com8 of 23
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP9 of 23
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News10 of 23
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 23
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks12 of 23
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage13 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 23
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP15 of 23
- Photo: BSD/RSM/MWM/ZO9/WENN16 of 23
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin17 of 23
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin18 of 23
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin19 of 23
- Photo: Anja Niedringhaus/Invision/AP20 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP21 of 23
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/Invision/AP22 of 23
Their box-office successes began with leading roles in Disney films, but Anne Hathaway and Lindsay Lohan have managed their careers in very different ways.
While Lohan, 25, is perpetually struggling to make a comeback, Hathaway's career is hotter than ever, thanks to her role as Catwoman in "The Dark Knight Rises." In spite of it all, Hathaway insists they're actually quite similar.
"Lindsay Lohan and I have more in common than people think", Hathaway, 29, tells U.K. newspaper The Sun. "We've all done things we shouldn't. It is just that I did stuff at college when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. I wasted time doing self-destructive things."
"I found you can only dance on so many tabletops," said Hathaway, currently engaged to Adam Shulman. "I got all that out of my system and I am healthy and grounded."
Hathaway credits her strong sense of self to good parenting. "My mother, Kate McCauley, taught me to be always understanding of other people -- and to have a sense of humor about yourself."
"Mom has also encouraged me not to be one of those people who worry about weight," the actress tells The Sun. "I know when people refer to me as a 'regular' girl, that it is a code word for 'fat' in Hollywood. It is completely understandable, as a teenager, to fret about your body. It is scary, because you don't know how it is going to end up."
"But I am not a teenager anymore and my body has chosen its shape. I would rather be strong than skinny."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Afraid of Bangs?
Rachel McAdams dishes on her 'About Time' makeunder, the hairstyle she's too afraid to rock in real life and more!Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian talks to ET about her new life with Kanye West and their new home they bought together.Watch Video »
Check out the Kardashians' best swimsuit moments during their family vacation in St. Barths on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Did Olivia Wilde, Kate Winslet, and Scarlett Johansson stun in the fashion department this week? Watch OMG Celeb Fashion to find out!Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
Bad Summer Looks
From Miley Cyrus to Nicki Minaj, see some of the worst summer fashion in Hollywood.Watch Video »