Anne Hathaway: I'm More Like Lindsay Lohan Than People Realize
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 23
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 23
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 23
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 23
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com5 of 23
- Photo: Mr.Blue/WENN6 of 23
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN7 of 23
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com8 of 23
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP9 of 23
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News10 of 23
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 23
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks12 of 23
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage13 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 23
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP15 of 23
- Photo: BSD/RSM/MWM/ZO9/WENN16 of 23
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin17 of 23
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin18 of 23
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin19 of 23
- Photo: Anja Niedringhaus/Invision/AP20 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP21 of 23
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/Invision/AP22 of 23
Their box-office successes began with leading roles in Disney films, but Anne Hathaway and Lindsay Lohan have managed their careers in very different ways.
While Lohan, 25, is perpetually struggling to make a comeback, Hathaway's career is hotter than ever, thanks to her role as Catwoman in "The Dark Knight Rises." In spite of it all, Hathaway insists they're actually quite similar.
"Lindsay Lohan and I have more in common than people think", Hathaway, 29, tells U.K. newspaper The Sun. "We've all done things we shouldn't. It is just that I did stuff at college when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. I wasted time doing self-destructive things."
"I found you can only dance on so many tabletops," said Hathaway, currently engaged to Adam Shulman. "I got all that out of my system and I am healthy and grounded."
Hathaway credits her strong sense of self to good parenting. "My mother, Kate McCauley, taught me to be always understanding of other people -- and to have a sense of humor about yourself."
"Mom has also encouraged me not to be one of those people who worry about weight," the actress tells The Sun. "I know when people refer to me as a 'regular' girl, that it is a code word for 'fat' in Hollywood. It is completely understandable, as a teenager, to fret about your body. It is scary, because you don't know how it is going to end up."
"But I am not a teenager anymore and my body has chosen its shape. I would rather be strong than skinny."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Check out Blake Lively's fashionable pregnancy style.Watch Video »
Bruno vs Borat - Who's Funnier?
It's the question on everyone's lips -- who gives funnier interviews: Bruno or Borat?Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon goes "Wild" on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Carly Rae Jepsen, Nicole Kidman, Kathy Griffin and more stars celebrate music's biggest night and share their Valentine's Day plans.Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift and Harry Styles to Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama; check out the celebrity couples making news this week on Replay.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Kelly Osbourne enjoys a girls night out with Taylor Swift and Chrissy Teigen on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot Bods
From Crowd Ignite