Anne Hathaway: I'm More Like Lindsay Lohan Than People Realize
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 23
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 23
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 23
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 23
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com5 of 23
- Photo: Mr.Blue/WENN6 of 23
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN7 of 23
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com8 of 23
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP9 of 23
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News10 of 23
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 23
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks12 of 23
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage13 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 23
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP15 of 23
- Photo: BSD/RSM/MWM/ZO9/WENN16 of 23
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin17 of 23
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin18 of 23
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin19 of 23
- Photo: Anja Niedringhaus/Invision/AP20 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP21 of 23
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/Invision/AP22 of 23
Their box-office successes began with leading roles in Disney films, but Anne Hathaway and Lindsay Lohan have managed their careers in very different ways.
While Lohan, 25, is perpetually struggling to make a comeback, Hathaway's career is hotter than ever, thanks to her role as Catwoman in "The Dark Knight Rises." In spite of it all, Hathaway insists they're actually quite similar.
"Lindsay Lohan and I have more in common than people think", Hathaway, 29, tells U.K. newspaper The Sun. "We've all done things we shouldn't. It is just that I did stuff at college when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. I wasted time doing self-destructive things."
"I found you can only dance on so many tabletops," said Hathaway, currently engaged to Adam Shulman. "I got all that out of my system and I am healthy and grounded."
Hathaway credits her strong sense of self to good parenting. "My mother, Kate McCauley, taught me to be always understanding of other people -- and to have a sense of humor about yourself."
"Mom has also encouraged me not to be one of those people who worry about weight," the actress tells The Sun. "I know when people refer to me as a 'regular' girl, that it is a code word for 'fat' in Hollywood. It is completely understandable, as a teenager, to fret about your body. It is scary, because you don't know how it is going to end up."
"But I am not a teenager anymore and my body has chosen its shape. I would rather be strong than skinny."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Beyonce rocks a one-piece, plus more of the best celeb swimsuit moments of summer 2015 thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Diane Kruger, check out the celebs with the best summer street style!Watch Video »
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite