Anne Hathaway on haircut: 'I Was Inconsolable'
- Photo: HRC/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks2 of 19
- Photo: MPNC/GSI3 of 19
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet4 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: RMBI/GSI10 of 19
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 19
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: VPB/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: Bryan/Dean/NPG14 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage18 of 19
Tears of a pixie!
Some of Anne Hathaway's fans were surprised -- even upset -- when she chopped off her long chestnut hair into a severe, boyish 'do for the role of Fantine, the dying prostitute in the big-screen adaptation of Broadway musical "Les Miserables." Turns out the Oscar nominee was pretty distraught herself, too!
'Fessing up to the trauma on Thursday's "Live! With Kelly," the 29-year-old star said, "I wasn't expecting it to be a big deal. It was my idea to do it, since it was something the character did ... [But then] I realized I couldn’t take it back."
Hathaway broke down into hysterics at the time, she said. "[I was] a mental patient level of crying ... I was inconsolable.'
The drastic cut was more difficult than "doing back flips out of windows and jumping off buildings," says Hathaway, who performed such stunts in "The Dark Knight Rises," out this month.
Hathaway presumably will grow out her hair again when she walks down the aisle. She and fiance Adam Shulman, also an actor, are set to wed in October 2013.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Anne Hathaway on Haircut: I Was "Mental Patient Level of Crying!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough talks about her new video series with Caress, who she's rooting for to win "DWTS"Watch Video »
We chat with Russell Brand, Jonah Hill, P. Diddy and Elizabeth Moss of "Get Him To The Greek."Watch Video »
JC Chasez dishes on dating, getting older and watching his 'N Sync bandmates settle down with Wonderwall.Watch Video »