Armie Hammer rescues woman after car crash
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: MoVi Inc./Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com6 of 14
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 14
- Photo: Peter Mountain/Disney/Promotional9 of 14
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 14
Actor Armie Hammer has been hailed a hero after coming to the rescue of a woman involved in a traffic accident on Friday.
The "Social Network" star was driving through Los Angeles when he witnessed the crash and pulled over to help a woman get out of her smashed car.
His heroics were witnessed by model Leeann Tweeden, who also rushed to the scene after hearing the collision from her nearby home, and she later took to her Facebook page to blog about her experience.
RELATED: Real Celeb Heroes
She writes, "I was sitting in my house when I hear an accident tonight. I throw on my shoes and run out of my house to see if I can help. I run up as a guy is helping an older woman (60ish?) out of her smashed up car that both airbags deployed in. Now mind you, it's rush hour at a busy intersection. People are honking at other cars because one lane is blocked and people can't go through the debris in the open lane fast enough for others."
RELATED: Mila Kunis saves a man's life
Tweeden admits she was stunned to discover her fellow good Samaritan was Hammer, adding, "When the guy turns around, who is it?!!!! None other than: ARMIE HAMMER!!!!! Yes, ladies. The cutie Armie was in the opposite turn lane in his Audi and watched the whole thing go down and got out of his car to help. Me and him. Out of millions in LA."
Get out the vote
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »