Arnold Schwarzenegger: Affair With Housekeeper Mildred Baena Was 'Stupidest Thing I've Done' to Maria Shriver
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Steve Yeater/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 8
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: J. Scott Applewhite/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Lionel Cirroneau/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Arnold Schwarzenegger knows he made a major mistake.
In an interview with "60 Minutes" airing Sept. 30, the former Republican governor of California, 65, speaks candidly about his extramarital affair with housekeeper Mildred Baena that resulted in the birth of his fifth child, Joseph, 14. (The shocking news of Schwarzenegger's infidelity and secret son was not revealed until May 2011.)
Reporter Lesley Stahl reminds Schwarzenegger that his wife of 25 years, Maria Shriver, "gave up her television career" to support his dreams. "I mean, wow! Was this just the most unbelievable act of betrayal to Maria?"
"I think it was the stupidest thing I've done in the whole relationship," the "Terminator" actor replies. "It was terrible. I inflicted tremendous pain on Maria and unbelievable pain on the kids." (Schwarzenegger and Shriver, 56, are parents to Katherine, 22, Christina, 21, Patrick, 19, and Christopher, 15.)
Schwarzenegger appears on the program to promote his new autobiography, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story." In recently released excerpts from the memoir, the ex-bodybuilder admits he did not confess to fathering a child with Baena until a Jan. 4, 2011 couples' counseling session. "The minute we sat down, the therapist turned to me and said, 'Maria wanted to come here today and to ask about a child -- whether you fathered a child with your housekeeper Mildred,'" Schwarzenegger writes. "I told the therapist, 'It's true.'"
Shriver waited to confront Schwarzenegger about his affair until after his term as governor had ended. When she did, the politician begged his wife to forgive him, admitting he "screwed up." They announced their separation on May 9, 2011, but Schwarzenegger still hopes to reconcile with the activist and author. "You can call this denial," he writes. "But it's the way my mind works."
"60 Minutes" airs Sunday, September 30, at 7 p.m. EST on CBS.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite