Antonio Banderas fears for human race
- Photo: Can Nguyen/Capital Pictures/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Ochoa de Olza/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Cesar Cebolla/ALFAQUI/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 16
- Photo: Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Paramount Pictures6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Thomas Janssen/Pacific Coast News10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
Antonio Banderas is convinced the human race is living on borrowed time and he's branded the 9/11 atrocity "the end of civilization as we knew it."
The Spanish actor has been struck by the "pain" of the Occupy Wall Street protesters, who were so angry about the practices of global bankers they resorted to drastic sit-ins in cities across the globe.
He's adamant the advent of the Internet could spell the end of the world - and he believes humanity was fundamentally changed forever when terrorists slaughtered nearly 3,000 people in the U.S. on September 11, 2001.
Banderas tells Britain's Seven magazine, "What is happening with all this pain now? There are people in the streets who are angry. Something has to happen. I think we are realizing that governments can't govern us any more.
"I think it all started happening with the end of the (Twin) Towers. With the fall of those towers, we were witnessing the end of civilization as we knew it. The ways in which we communicate have changed. It's almost spiritual. The web, the Internet.
"There's something happening in the world that didn't happen before. We are acting like one big brain. The problem is that if we get in a suicidal mood the end may happen. If we get in a positive mood it will not."
Check out Christina Aguilera's worst looks from over the years.Watch Video »
Sexy Video Shoot
Fergie shares sexy behind-the-scenes photos from her music video shoot on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ross Mathews pals around with Paul Rudd at the Bing Bar during the Sundance Film Festival.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Kevin Frazier of "ET" talks to Rihanna, JLO, and more!Watch Video »
Watch as Kim and Khloe Kardashian party with their fans in South Africa.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite