Antonio Banderas fears for human race
- Photo: Can Nguyen/Capital Pictures/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Ochoa de Olza/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Cesar Cebolla/ALFAQUI/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 16
- Photo: Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Paramount Pictures6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Thomas Janssen/Pacific Coast News10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
Antonio Banderas is convinced the human race is living on borrowed time and he's branded the 9/11 atrocity "the end of civilization as we knew it."
The Spanish actor has been struck by the "pain" of the Occupy Wall Street protesters, who were so angry about the practices of global bankers they resorted to drastic sit-ins in cities across the globe.
He's adamant the advent of the Internet could spell the end of the world - and he believes humanity was fundamentally changed forever when terrorists slaughtered nearly 3,000 people in the U.S. on September 11, 2001.
Banderas tells Britain's Seven magazine, "What is happening with all this pain now? There are people in the streets who are angry. Something has to happen. I think we are realizing that governments can't govern us any more.
"I think it all started happening with the end of the (Twin) Towers. With the fall of those towers, we were witnessing the end of civilization as we knew it. The ways in which we communicate have changed. It's almost spiritual. The web, the Internet.
"There's something happening in the world that didn't happen before. We are acting like one big brain. The problem is that if we get in a suicidal mood the end may happen. If we get in a positive mood it will not."
DIY Celeb Makeup
Find out how to get Jenna Dewan Tatum's long-lasting matte lip on DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
'Pitch Perfect 2' Los Angeles Premiere
Check out all the celebs who chatted with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen at the "Pitch Perfect 2"...Watch Video »
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »
ET found out what Julianne Hough's romance is like with her real-life boyfriend Ryan Seacrest.Watch Video »