Ben Affleck: Raising kids is the greatest thing I could ever do
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: PSD/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: ROQU/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: Sasha/Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: Reefshots/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: NPG/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: GSI9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: STFN/GSI11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Ben Affleck is feeling proud -- both personally and professionally. Talking to Us Weekly at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television Film Festival on Thursday (where he was honored with the Filmmaker of the Year award), the "Argo" director opened up about his biggest accomplishment yet: raising kids.
Indeed, Affleck, 40, and wife Jennifer Garner, 41, may have their hands full raising daughters Violet, 7, Seraphina, 4, and son Samuel, 15 months, but he told Us he wouldn't want it any other way.
"They're sweet," he said of their children. "It's great. Raising kids is the greatest thing I think a person, or at least I, could ever do in my life. I know what the best part of my life is and it's my kids and it doesn't mean there aren't other things that aren't great, but I know sort of what the center is."
The Academy Award winner, who is playing Mr. Mom this summer as Garner dives into more acting roles, is happy to have found a happy work-life balance.
"For me, I've discovered that I work best with having a kind of balance in my life," he told Us. "I work really, really hard. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to do anything for a living if I can't really work hard at it, work 18-hour days and be completely dedicated and also feel like you have to be invested and work on your family."
Affleck added, "If you're not working on spending time with your kids, then why'd you have a family to begin with? At least, if you're able to. Some folks can't even, don't have that time. So I'm trying to do both and you know, just figuring it out as it comes. I certainly don't pretend to have all the answers."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite