Halle Berry stalker sentenced to jail
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: MAP/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: London Entertainment / Splash/Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
A man accused of stalking Halle Berry has been sentenced to 386 days behind bars after striking a plea deal with prosecutors.
RELATED: Covert Couples
Richard Franco's sentence will be reduced by time already served, so he'll spend 193 days in jail.
He will also spend five years on probation upon his release and must complete a yearlong psychological counseling program.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of 9 years behind bars, but he has since struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count, in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Celebrity Rebound Couples
Franco was arrested outside the actress's Hollywood Hills home in July after Berry spotted him trespassing on the property for the third time in as many days. He was carrying a key to the star's guest house, which he reportedly obtained by breaking into the house.
He initially pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and stalking, which carried a maximum total of nine years behind bars, but he later struck a deal with authorities and agreed to plead no contest to the stalking count in exchange for the dismissal of the burglary charge.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite