Brad Pitt Consoles Suicidal Actor at 'Moneyball' Event
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com1 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 19
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/Invision/AP4 of 19
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 19
- Photo: VPB/WENN6 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: VPB/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: SI/Promotional9 of 19
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News10 of 19
- Photo: AP/People11 of 19
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: MICHEL SPINGLER/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: Junji Kurokawa/Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: Yusuke Nakanishi/StarTraks15 of 19
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/StarTraks16 of 19
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Francois Mori/Invision/AP17 of 19
- Photo: Invision/AP18 of 19
Brad Pitt was a real pal to a stranger in need on Sunday.
Following a special screening of "Moneyball" at the Cary Grant Theater in Culver City, Calif., on Sunday, the star, 47, encountered a distraught man during a Q&A session with hundreds of fans.
According to an attendee, a 30-something struggling actor announced to Pitt, co-star Jonah Hill and the crowd that he was battling suicidal thoughts alone in his car before the night's event but that the film gave him "a renewed sense of hope."
(In the acclaimed film, Pitt plays real-life Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane, who built a champion team using computer-generated analysis to draft its player.)
"It was a really awkward moment," the attendee tells Us, adding that the actor got "choked up" as he revealed his battles to the crowd.
But Pitt didn't flinch, the witness says. "He said, 'Look, man, life is up and down, it's a vicious cycle, but you have to go through it and deal with that,'" the observer reveals.
The father of six and longtime love to Angelina Jolie continued in his pep talk, "'You can be down, but then you come back up again, and every failure can lead to success.'"
"It was a touching moment," adds a second observer. "As he left the theater he even stopped to talk with the guy to offer him some more words of encouragement because he was obviously fragile."
Marvels the first witness, "Brad handled the situation really well in front of several hundred people; it was a difficult moment that shocked everyone."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »