Brad Pitt Told He Couldn't Act After Auditioning for 'The Accused'
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: AMANDA SCHWAB/StarTraks8 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: MacFarlane/Papapress/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: WENN16 of 17
He's one of the biggest, most respected actors there these days -- with a probable Oscar nomination for his role in "Moneyball" -- but Brad Pitt didn't exactly take Hollywood by storm when he arrived in the late 1980s.
The handsome 48-year-old graces the February cover of W Magazine, and reveals the first big-time role he auditioned for.
"My agent sent me out for two films," Angelina Jolie's man of nearly seven years says. "One of them was 'The Accused' with Jodie Foster. I was so excited."
Foster, 49, won her first Best Actress Oscar in the harrowing 1988 drama in which she played the victim of gang rape.
Did then-fresh-faced Pitt try out for the part of a rapist? "Probably not," he muses. "With this face, I was probably up for the guy with the conscience."
Alas, the audition didn't go so well. "I called up afterward and asked, 'How did I do?'" the 'Tree of Life' star recalls. "There were three seconds of silence and then: 'Have you ever thought about acting classes?'"
Pitt's far more confident about his acting prowess nowadays. "I die really well, by the way," he boasts to W. "It's one of my strong points. I just take a bullet well."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Beyonce rocks a one-piece, plus more of the best celeb swimsuit moments of summer 2015 thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Diane Kruger, check out the celebs with the best summer street style!Watch Video »
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBieber Butt
From Crowd Ignite