Brad Pitt Told He Couldn't Act After Auditioning for 'The Accused'
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: AMANDA SCHWAB/StarTraks8 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: MacFarlane/Papapress/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: WENN16 of 17
He's one of the biggest, most respected actors there these days -- with a probable Oscar nomination for his role in "Moneyball" -- but Brad Pitt didn't exactly take Hollywood by storm when he arrived in the late 1980s.
The handsome 48-year-old graces the February cover of W Magazine, and reveals the first big-time role he auditioned for.
"My agent sent me out for two films," Angelina Jolie's man of nearly seven years says. "One of them was 'The Accused' with Jodie Foster. I was so excited."
Foster, 49, won her first Best Actress Oscar in the harrowing 1988 drama in which she played the victim of gang rape.
Did then-fresh-faced Pitt try out for the part of a rapist? "Probably not," he muses. "With this face, I was probably up for the guy with the conscience."
Alas, the audition didn't go so well. "I called up afterward and asked, 'How did I do?'" the 'Tree of Life' star recalls. "There were three seconds of silence and then: 'Have you ever thought about acting classes?'"
Pitt's far more confident about his acting prowess nowadays. "I die really well, by the way," he boasts to W. "It's one of my strong points. I just take a bullet well."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Take a look back at six times Kylie Jenner wore the exact same outfit as big sis Kim Kardashian West.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Find out how to get Jenna Dewan Tatum's long-lasting matte lip on DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Meet The Rock's, the Beckhams' and Demi Lovato's new puppies on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out six Emmy nominees' high school yearbook photos. Can you identity these pre-fame teens?Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »