Brad Pitt's Mother Supports Romney, Conservative Views on Homosexuality
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks1 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 12
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional3 of 12
- Photo: DS/PIXX/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News6 of 12
- Photo: Picasa/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: LACMA/Howard Pasamanick/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: AP1/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Brad Pitt may support gay-marriage, but his mother, Jane Pitt, does not.
In a letter printed in The Springfield News-Leader on Tuesday, Brad's mother supported Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his conservative views on homosexuality.
Jane was responding to a previously published letter by a reader who urged voters to shut out Romney's presidential bid because of his Mormon beliefs. She identified herself as "a Christian [who differs] with the Mormon religion."
She writes, "Any Christian should spend much time in prayer before refusing to vote for a family man with high morals, business experience, who is against abortion, and shares Christian conviction concerning homosexuality just because he is a Mormon." Pitt goes on to say that, "any Christian who does not vote or writes in a name is casting a vote for Romney's opponent, Barack Hussein Obama -- a man who sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for years, did not hold a public ceremony to mark the National Day of Prayer, and is a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage."
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Missouri newspaper initially printed an editor's note denying a relation between the writer and Brad. However, the paper replaced the first editor's note with a second, reading, "Editor's note: To clear up earlier confusion, the News-Leader has verified the letter writer is the mother of actor Brad Pitt and local businessman Doug Pitt."
Jane and her husband are very close with their son Brad, 48. The actor's parents joined him on the red carpet of the premiere of Angelina Jolie's directorial and screenwriting debut of "In the Land of Blood and Honey" in New York in December. They also frequently babysit the couple's six children, Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 5 and twins Knox and Vivienne, 3.
However, the mother and son have drastically different than her 48-year-old son Brad's beliefs. In September 2007, Pitt donated $100,000 to the campaign against Proposition 8 "because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America."
In December 2011, Pitt appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and explained why he and Jolie were not tying the knot. "I've said that we would not be getting married until everyone in this county had the right to get married ..." he said. "Until that is reversed. I just don't get it."
The couple got engaged earlier this year, but "have no date" set.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Brad Pitt's Mother Writes Anti-Gay Marriage Letter
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite