Brand gets community service in New Orleans case
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: GUDA KAZA/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Lisa Rose/Viacom/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: MYB/ZOB/ZDS/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Awais/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: @rustyrockets/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Actor Russell Brand must perform 20 hours of community service and pay a $500 court fee to resolve a misdemeanor charge stemming from a confrontation with a photographer in New Orleans.
Brand did not appear in Municipal Court in New Orleans on Thursday morning, but his attorney, Robert Glass, entered a not-guilty plea on his behalf to a charge of criminal damage to property.
Glass said that under a deal with the district attorney's office, the case would be dismissed if the actor provides proof he has completed the service requirement by Aug. 31.
RELATED: Best Celeb Mug Shots
He said he is hopeful Brand may be able to fulfill the requirement through his charitable work with people suffering addictions.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »