Brand gets community service in New Orleans case
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: GUDA KAZA/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Lisa Rose/Viacom/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: MYB/ZOB/ZDS/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Awais/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: @rustyrockets/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Actor Russell Brand must perform 20 hours of community service and pay a $500 court fee to resolve a misdemeanor charge stemming from a confrontation with a photographer in New Orleans.
Brand did not appear in Municipal Court in New Orleans on Thursday morning, but his attorney, Robert Glass, entered a not-guilty plea on his behalf to a charge of criminal damage to property.
Glass said that under a deal with the district attorney's office, the case would be dismissed if the actor provides proof he has completed the service requirement by Aug. 31.
RELATED: Best Celeb Mug Shots
He said he is hopeful Brand may be able to fulfill the requirement through his charitable work with people suffering addictions.
Check out the biggest celeb makeup mistakes.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »
No More Kids!
Gwen Stefani chats completing her family with son Apollo, life's biggest surprises, scary fashion mishaps and more!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez dishes on super-steamy "Boy Next Door" sex scenes, getting in shape to strip down, awkward moments on set and more.Watch Video »
Hugh Jackman, The Rock, Khloe Kardashian and more stars share photos and videos of their intense workouts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »