Brand gets community service in New Orleans case
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: GUDA KAZA/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Lisa Rose/Viacom/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: MYB/ZOB/ZDS/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Awais/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: @rustyrockets/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Actor Russell Brand must perform 20 hours of community service and pay a $500 court fee to resolve a misdemeanor charge stemming from a confrontation with a photographer in New Orleans.
Brand did not appear in Municipal Court in New Orleans on Thursday morning, but his attorney, Robert Glass, entered a not-guilty plea on his behalf to a charge of criminal damage to property.
Glass said that under a deal with the district attorney's office, the case would be dismissed if the actor provides proof he has completed the service requirement by Aug. 31.
RELATED: Best Celeb Mug Shots
He said he is hopeful Brand may be able to fulfill the requirement through his charitable work with people suffering addictions.
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham mourns the loss of her bicycle on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
From George Clooney to Christian Bale, check out the hunky leading men who've played Batman through the years.Watch Video »