Cate Blanchett on her favorite dress, working with Giorgio Armani and more
- Photo: John Shearer/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Parisa/Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: Craig Greenhill/Newspix/Rex USA8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
The two-time Oscar winner has just added another reason to heart her. Blanchett, 44, has recently taken on the role as the ambassador of Giorgio Armani's newest fragrance, Si. Ahead of the perfume's launch, she reflected on her longtime collaboration with the designer -- and revealed her favorite red carpet dress of all time to Us Weekly.
For Blanchett, her relationship with Armani goes back before the two even met. "With my first paycheck I bought an Armani suit, which I still have and wear," the "Blue Jasmine" star told Us.
More recently, though, Blanchett has opted for dressier options by the Italian designer. "He's the master of authentic and natural sophistication. His clothes are always sensual but pared down," she says of Armani. "And I feel like myself in them. I never feel like the gown is wearing me."
One gown in particular stands out among all of the others. "To the Golden Globes I wore the most beautiful black lace gown," she says of the Armani Prive dress from the 2014 awards show, during which she won for Best Actress. "But the way it was held together -- how it was held together -- it was a magical creation. It felt like the lace was poured on, and it fit like a glove."
In her day-to-day life, the mother of three (Dashiell, 12, Roman, 10, and Ignatius, 6) applies the same rules but with more casual clothes. "Perhaps I'm a bit cleaner on the red carpet than I am at 7 o'clock in the morning on a school day," she jokes. "I think my own look is pretty unembellished, and it depends how rushed I am when heading out the door," she says. "But you always want to feel like yourself."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'RHONY' Return?
From Crowd Ignite